Founded in December 2012, the Academy of Asia-Pacific Professors of Ophthalmology is committed to assisting in the academic development in ophthalmology in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond by:
- engaging, advancing and furthering the research, study, education, academic exchanges of knowledge relevant to ophthalmology;
- facilitating the exchange of information and ideas among its Fellows in relation to various aspects and knowledge of ophthalmology and enabling its Fellows to publish and communicate to the members of other bodies information on all matters in connection with ophthalmology;
- providing mentorship and learning opportunities for young ophthalmologists in the Asia-Pacific region;
- promoting and spreading knowledge of ophthalmology among the public through giving or arranging for the delivery and holding of lectures, exhibitions, classes, conference, and etc.;
- promoting and encouraging collaboration and interaction among organizations, institutions and other bodies in the Asia-Pacific region in ophthalmic research and studies; and
- fostering and undertaking research and study into any respect of ophthalmology and disseminating the results of such research and study.